Liquor Aging Kit by Viski®
Fast US delivery!
**This item can only be delivered to addresses in the United States**
Liquor loves wood. Oak ageing provides the unique colour, flavour and aroma that we associate with fine spirits.
The Liquor Aging Kit by Viski works by exposing smaller amounts of liquor to a larger charred oak surface area.
Just attach one of the included charred oak sticks to the integrated pour spout and insert in your chosen bottle of liquor.
Flavour change will be noticeable after one day, but we recommend ageing for at least 1 and even up to 6 weeks, sampling along the way to determine your ideal smoke profile.
Each charred oak stick is good for one use of up to 6 weeks ageing.
Try the Liquor Aging Kit to enhance younger whiskeys, add a unique spin to white rum, or give a rich smoky twist to gin.
2 charred oak sticks
1 Stainless steel & silicone stopper/pourer
- CRAFT A SMOOTHER BOTTLE OF WHISKEY - The Liquor Aging Kit by Viski works by placing a charred oak stick in a bottle of whiskey or other liquor. This exposes the liquor to a larger charred oak surface area than the whiskey was exposed to in the barrel, which leads to faster ageing to improve flavour and round out harsh notes. This is the perfect barware tool set for whiskey lovers.
- OAK AGING CREATES FINE SPIRITS - We associate barrel ageing with fine spirits such as bourbon, Scotch, and other drinks. The charred oak interior of bourbon barrels acts as a filter and flavour enhancer for the spirits within, filtering out harsh notes and developing rich taste over the course of years. These charred oak sticks mimic parts of this process, and in much less time.
- EASY TO REMOVE CHARRED OAK STICKS! THE STOPPER/POURER HOLDS STICKS IN PLACE - Unlike other charred oak stick liquor ageing sets, you can easily remove the Viski Liquor Aging Kit sticks thanks to the silicone holder in the top of the bottle. No need to pour out a whole bottle just to get the stick out, just remove the stopper pourer, pull out the stick, and place the stopper pourer back on the bottle to serve.
- COMPARE AGED WHISKEY WITH UN-AGED WHISKEY AND TASTE THE DIFFERENCE - The taste difference is substantial even after just a week or 2 of ageing with the charred oak stick. Try a taste test of the same whiskey aged and un-aged. Taste the aged whiskey first, then try the un-aged and see how much harsher and hot it tastes without the use of the kit. It really is a remarkable difference! We recommend using this with low or mid-shelf whiskey but experimentation is part of the fun!
- INCLUDES TWO CHARRED OAK STICKS AND STOPPER/POURER WITH STICK HOLDER - Charred oak ageing sticks fit right into the silicone holder of the stopper pourer. Each stick is good for one ageing use. You can repurpose used sticks in other applications including barbecue smoking and even craft brewing.
*Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is an additional €15 and does not qualify for free shipping